How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 30386
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a custody agreement where the father allows me to

Customer Question

We have a custody agreement where the father allows me to take a 7 day trip to Costa Rica. I had originally asked for 10. At the time of creating the agreement I asked my lawyer if I can piggyback those seven days onto my own custodial time to total 10 days and he said yes people do this all the time which is the only reason I agreed to "7". However my ex is saying no and that it's not possible.
Per our court order I have permission to travel internationally and domestically during my own custodial time so my question is can I add my own custodial time to the seven days to extend my trip?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
Yes, you can, unless the court order has some specific language about combining your custody time with vacations. You're entitled to your normal parenting time plus the vacation. If it happens to overlap, then you get both. If he wanted to switch days to accommodate your vacation, and the court order doesn't say that you have to, then he would have needed to include that as part of the negotiation.
It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.