How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a mother of 5 boys and the father and I are no longer

Customer Question

I am a mother of 5 boys and the father and I are no longer together.He has failed to meet the court ordered visitation agreement and because we stay in different states I can't physically sit down and try to discuss anything.He was abusive to me and still received custody of our children.I have documentation on the missed visitation and have notified my ex-husband that I would like to come and get my kids due to the lack of phone visitation. He wants to take me back to court for custody. Do I stand a chance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. Just to be clear, who has visitation and who has custody?