How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is in a skilled nursing facility in St. Louis, Mo.

Customer Question

my husband is in a skilled nursing facility in St. Louis, Mo. and a caseworker for medicaid stated I am not eligible to receive any of his money toward my support because i was not in the home continuously and I have always paid the bills with his checks so what if anything I can do to pay the bills
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 years ago.
To respond appropriately, I need more information. First, from what source is his income? Is it Social Security benefits? Or a pension of some sort? The second thing I need to know is whether you and your husband have been living apart for some time and if so, when did you separate? Third, do you have any of your own income? If so, is it significantly less than your husband's income?