Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am filing a motion to compel in a family law matter in Los

Customer Question

I am filing a motion to compel in a family law matter in Los Angeles, California. I had an RFO for modification of custody and visitation on calendar for June 24, 2014 I served a first request for production of documents for attorneys source of income
on May 12, 2015. On May 13, 2015 opposing counsel filed an RFO for modification of child support and motion to determine arrearages. On May 15, 2015 I served a second request for production of documents for Respondent's bank accounts. I have knowledge that
a third party is paying child support and attorney fees. Opposing counsel has objected stating that the First Demand was filed before there were financial issues and that Respondent is not asking for attorney fees. I refiled my RFO for modification of visitation
only on July 7, 2015. Both modifcations are on calendar for June 24, 2015. I am filing a motion to compel now. Can I say that the objection to my request for my First Request for documents is meritless, even though Respondent is not requesting attorney fees?
What is the law regarding attorney's source of income? Is it not a litigant's right to know?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
Can you clarify exactly what you requested in your Request for Production? What exact documents did you request?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Steven I already filed.
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
Filed, what? The Motion to Compel? Do you still need your question answered?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't.I filed the motion to compel yesterday.