How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The DSS in NC has been relieved

Customer Question

The DSS in NC has been relieved of responsibility to reunite family. Father had no legal representation. Should grandparent (me) seek guardianship of 14 year old male child? Mother died while child was in care. What kind of attorney do I need?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your family's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
If the father will be willing to allow you to take custody, then that would seem to be the best thing for your grandchild.
You would need a family law attorney or a probate law attorney in the county where the child has been living to apply to the court on your behalf to appoint you a Temporary Legal Guardian. That way you can endure that your grandchild is taken care of.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I worked in the system for 35 years so this is not new information. And to improve your credibility, use spell check.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This was worth $5.00. Thanks