Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 16 years experience
19958803

I'm going thru an eviction. I filed papers trial. I received

Customer Question

I'm going thru an eviction. I filed papers for a trial. I received the letter on Friday. My court date is Monday. How is that fair? How can I get more time? I'm a single mom and I have no where to go. My income is SSI which I get at the end of every month. So I have no money until that time. Help please
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..If you wanted to ask for a continuance in the case, at this late a date, you would have to personally appear and ask the judge on Monday for a continuance based on the short notice and that you have not had adequate time to prepare your defense to the case. .Considering the short notice, the judge should agree to a continuance of a week or so before re docketing the case...thanksBarrister