How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16628
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Louisiana and wanted to know if I have the right

Customer Question

I live in Louisiana and wanted to know if I have the right to ask my wife to leave the house which I purchased and it's contents before we were married three years ago. She is verbally abusive to me and my 2 daughters. We have a 5 year old together and were married three years ago on June 29th. She didn't move in to house until May 15th of this year and has not stayed here for more than a week at a time while also staying with friends, daughters etc. I am filing for divorce but she remains here and refuses to seek employment or look for an alternative living place.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She hasn't been employed for the last 4 years and lived in her own place which she sold recently. Her only source of income was $1000mth from me and $800mth in child support for her daughter who has since moved out.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.While I cannot comment on your specific situation, generally, it would be against the law to force a wife out of a marital home, regardless which spouse owns the home or when the home was purchased and the only legal way to have the spouse removed from the marital home, is by seeking exclusive right of use of the family home, once divorce if filed and if granted by the court, then the wife would be ordered to leave marital home. I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions