Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I live in Louisiana and wanted to know if I have the right

Customer Question
to ask my wife to...
I live in Louisiana and wanted to know if I have the right to ask my wife to leave the house which I purchased and it's contents before we were married three years ago. She is verbally abusive to me and my 2 daughters. We have a 5 year old together and were married three years ago on June 29th. She didn't move in to house until May 15th of this year and has not stayed here for more than a week at a time while also staying with friends, daughters etc. I am filing for divorce but she remains here and refuses to seek employment or look for an alternative living place.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
She hasn't been employed for the last 4 years and lived in her own place which she sold recently. Her only source of income was $1000mth from me and $800mth in child support for her daughter who has since moved out.
7/27/2015
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.While I cannot comment on your specific situation, generally, it would be against the law to force a wife out of a marital home, regardless which spouse owns the home or when the home was purchased and the only legal way to have the spouse removed from the marital home, is by seeking exclusive right of use of the family home, once divorce if filed and if granted by the court, then the wife would be ordered to leave marital home. I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law