How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31737
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in New York State and my wife and I are having problems

Customer Question

I live in New York State and my wife and I are having problems so I want to take some time for for myself. We have two cars both of which are in her name. I was planning on using one of the cars for my trip. We also have a joint checking account where she is the primary and a savings account where I am the primary. If I decide to take this trip with the car that is in my wife's name and withdraw some money from our joint checking and or savings is there any legal action she can take against (me we are still married). Tnx R
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. If the vehicle was purchased during the marriage.....then it is marital property and you would have an ownership interest in the vehicle even if your name isn't on the you should have no issue there.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
As for the checking account, if it is jointly owned, then all of the money in the account belongs to both of you, and there would be no issue with you taking some or even all of the money out of the's your money.