How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118723
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What happens if my ex husband doesn't file his Form FL 191?

Customer Question

What happens if my ex husband doesn't file his Form FL 191? I filed mine. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My email is:***@******.***
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your spouse refuses to fill out the form after being ordered to do so, then you have to file a motion to compel and a motion for an order to show cause for contempt to get the court to order him to fill it out. The law requires both parents to fill it out, so if they do not do so, then you have to take him to court to get the court to force him to do so and if you incur any costs in bringing him to court for this, the court will award you those costs as a penalty against him for him not filling out the form as required.