How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in same sex domestic partner ship in Dallas TX and I want

Customer Question

I am in same sex domestic partner ship in Dallas TX and I want to get it dissolved
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the best quickest way to go about that? Also does his credit score or debt that he collects on his own effect me in any way?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. What you would need to do is a file an "Affidavit of Dissolution of Domestic Partnership" in the county where the domestic partnership was granted, or if you now reside in a different county, the one where you currently reside. Here is a good template for the documentation that you can file: Typically credit scores and debt DO NOT affect you because you were not fully married, so while you had some partnership obligations, it did not reach as far as debts or obligations. Sincerely, ***** *****