How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 26818
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help obtaining pro bono representation. My husband

Customer Question

HI i need help obtaining pro bono representation. My husband filed emergency pendente lite and we went to court on 3/2. he was awarded temp sole custody until i completed 3 random drug screens in 60 days and i could only have supervised visitations with my mother supervising. We both were to obtain substance abuse counseling and family counseling along with our 3 kids. Ages 13, 7, 2. I passed the drug screen with the last one taken 4/14. I have not been able to find free counseling. I have been a stay at home mother for 13 years and i am having no luck with obtaining employment. lack of work history apparently raising intelligent & loving adults(i say i am raising adults not kids because i want them to be capable instead of dependent like i have been for 33 yrs) can you advise me on what to do? i have been researching and calling etc everything i can to get them back
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question.
It's hard to find a pro bono attorney, because the relatively few that are out there are overloaded with work. But you should at least be able to come up with some hands-on assistance, even if you don't get full scale representation.
We experts here are not allowed to represent customers, nor are we allowed to give out referrals to specific lawyers or law firms, but I can give you links to the pro bono agencies available in your state. You may have to make a number of phone calls, but she should find some assistance, especially as lawyers in the pro bono loop usually know of others and you will be able to get other referrals as you go along.
Here are some other links including two law firms that offer pro bono services.
Also, a good and often overlooked resource available for free or low priced legal assistance is law school clinics where law students research, write and handle actual cases and issues under the supervision of a practicing professor/lawyer. Some of these law school clinics are very highly regarded, and if a court appearance is called for, the professor goes to court.
Law students are trained legal researchers. They are energetic, idealistic and enjoy putting their efforts into a cause they can believe in. Here's a list of Ohio Law schools. The kinds of clinics that they have are noted on the list. These clinics are either free to the public or have a sliding fee scale. They too would know of other available resources.
The University of Alabama has a civil law clinic and may be able to assist you.
Good luck!

Related Family Law Questions