How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Currently I live in RI. I have established in our MSA that I

Customer Question

Currently I live in RI. I have established in our MSA that I have the right to move with the children to MA if I so choose. With just 2 months notice given to my ex. I provided notice over 5 months ago. Just today he told me he does not want me to move.
Can he stop the move? Do I need to file any further paperwork with RI to tell them I am moving since I already have the court paperwork with my right to move established?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.
Are you moving far enough away to interfere with the father's visitation rights?