How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters father has had her days and he is part of the wou

Customer Question

My daughters father has had her for 160 days and he is part of the wounded warrior with the U.S. Army in San Antonio. I have orders from the Fort Bend County stating that he was supposed to hand over possession of the child to me today 07/21/2015. I have tried to visit my child and get my child but he is not giving over possession. What can we do? How do we initiate a child custody complaint when we can’t find him? Can we get the military police to enforce the order and pick up the child. I have had my child for 8 years, I sent her to visit him for valentine’s day and he is refusing to let her talk to me or see me or hand her over. I do have a lawyer but we are having a very hard time getting through the military red tape. Can you help us?
Alicia S.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure I can personally help...but perhaps I can provide helpful information. Would it help to chat on the phone about this. It is late for me tonight, but could speak most anytime Thurs