How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My hubby is a stroke and heart patient. His father passed away

Customer Question

My hubby is a stroke and heart patient. His father passed away and I then became POA for the estate which has been settled. Hubby is on Mecaide along with Medicare. The Medicare pays for Elderly waiver for Respite care. Father had shares which a check comes every 3 months. I was in process of switching over to my name but after learning that it's a large amount, I didn't want it to interfere with his medical and respite care. Our house has 2 mortgages. 1st is in hubby's name while small 2nd is in both our names. We need advise before going to atty or contacting DHS. We are in Iowa.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. I can understand your concerns. What specifically can I help answer for you?