How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 858
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am denied time w my 2 grandchildren. My son is divorced from their mother. She is remarrie

Customer Question

Am denied time w my 2 grandchildren. My son is divorced from their mother. She is remarried. My son has no visitation time with them at a). Grandchildren live in grants pass, an hour away. I janelwould a solute love e to have time with them. My situation has been that since they were born, I was given hardly any time. Exdaughterinlaw has been extremely mean on an ongoing basis. I just want to love my grandchildren! !
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello:I can certainly understand why this is distressing for you! Oregon law does allow you to sue for grandparents visitation provided you have attempted to establish a relationship and the custodial parent has denied you visitation. It is up to a Judge to determine what is in the best interest of the child. A Judge can grant reasonable access to a grandparent over the objection of a custodial parent. You will likely need to hire an attorney do this for you. You should talk to an attorney who has experience in the area of grandparent visitation, which is a subsection of family law.

Related Family Law Questions