Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Am denied time w my 2 grandchildren. My son is divorced from their mother. She is remarrie

Customer Question
d. My son has no...
Am denied time w my 2 grandchildren. My son is divorced from their mother. She is remarrie d. My son has no visitation time with them at a). Grandchildren live in grants pass, an hour away. I janelwould a solute love e to have time with them. My situation has been that since they were born, I was given hardly any time. Exdaughterinlaw has been extremely mean on an ongoing basis. I just want to love my grandchildren! !
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/22/2015
Family Lawyer: originallawyer, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Hello:I can certainly understand why this is distressing for you! Oregon law does allow you to sue for grandparents visitation provided you have attempted to establish a relationship and the custodial parent has denied you visitation. It is up to a Judge to determine what is in the best interest of the child. A Judge can grant reasonable access to a grandparent over the objection of a custodial parent. You will likely need to hire an attorney do this for you. You should talk to an attorney who has experience in the area of grandparent visitation, which is a subsection of family law.
originallawyer
originallawyer
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney