Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Can a 22 years old girl reject any legal relation with her

Customer Question
father? It is any legal...
Can a 22 years old girl reject any legal relation with her father? It is any legal procedure to do that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/21/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Good afternoon. Can you please expand on the question? Do you mean relationship?
Yes, she dosen´t want to have any kind of relationship with her father. He keep calling and bothering her.
Thank you for the additional information. As an adult, the 22 year old has every legal right to reject her father and has no obligation to speak with him or have any contact with him. She does not have to have any kind of relationship with him and if he continues to calling and bothering her, after being warned and advised of the same, she can file a police report and he could be charged with harassment or she could even go so far as getting a restraining order against him. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer