How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2433
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is a U.S citizen and my husband took him out of the

Customer Question

My son is a U.S citizen and my husband took him out of the country without permission while there's a pending custody court hearings. he took him out of the country to avoid custody disputes here in the U.S, I was granted temporary custody by court but
there's no way they could enforce or serve it since my husband and my son is in in the Philippines. I'm trying to get my son and take him back here in the U.S, I was wondering if what's the best thing for me to do in order to prevent my husband from ever taking
him away from me? because I know he would at least have visitations when he gets back to the U.S even if I get full custody.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 years ago.
He might get visits, but if he does, you can ask that the visits be professionally supervised to prevent him from disappearing with your son again. How did he get a pap passport for him?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he obtained an order of protection against me so he got my son the,porary custody at the time. a day before our final hearing and the order of protection has been dropped he didn't show up in court and the next thing I knew was he flew the day before our plenary hearing for order of protection. can i use this circumstances as a grounds against him to be able to get my son's full custody? he refused to take him back to the u.s so obviously he took the child out of the country not with the best interests of the child
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the actions he took can be a basis to either eliminate or severely limit any contact he is permitted to have with your son. You need to act right away however to get your orders in place.

Related Family Law Questions