Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My son is a U.S citizen and my husband took him out of the

Customer Question
country without permission while there's...
My son is a U.S citizen and my husband took him out of the country without permission while there's a pending custody court hearings. he took him out of the country to avoid custody disputes here in the U.S, I was granted temporary custody by court but
there's no way they could enforce or serve it since my husband and my son is in in the Philippines. I'm trying to get my son and take him back here in the U.S, I was wondering if what's the best thing for me to do in order to prevent my husband from ever taking
him away from me? because I know he would at least have visitations when he gets back to the U.S even if I get full custody.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/21/2015
Family Lawyer: S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney replied 2 years ago
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
He might get visits, but if he does, you can ask that the visits be professionally supervised to prevent him from disappearing with your son again. How did he get a pap passport for him?
he obtained an order of protection against me so he got my son the,porary custody at the time. a day before our final hearing and the order of protection has been dropped he didn't show up in court and the next thing I knew was he flew the day before our plenary hearing for order of protection. can i use this circumstances as a grounds against him to be able to get my son's full custody? he refused to take him back to the u.s so obviously he took the child out of the country not with the best interests of the child
Yes, the actions he took can be a basis to either eliminate or severely limit any contact he is permitted to have with your son. You need to act right away however to get your orders in place.
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney