How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19326
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a court order FAA to pay me lump sum, a portion

Customer Question

I have a court order for the FAA to pay me lump sum, a portion of my ex-husbands government pension, which I still have not received. What can I do to get them to abide by this order?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
You need to contact the pension plan administrator and ask why you have not received the lump sum payment as ordered by the Court. If the administrator gives you runaround, then you need to go back to Court and tell the Court that the pension plan has refused to comply with the Court Order and that the Court should hold the pension plan in contempt and sanction the plan for this contempt and also force the plan to pay the lump sum amount to you without further delay.