How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm just looking . I have filed a motion

Customer Question

I'm just looking for information for now. I have filed a motion for service by mail of divorce papers to my husband who lives in Turkey, but the judge would not sign because Turkey's a party to the Hague Convention. I would like to terminate my marriage but have no funds for a lawyer. May I still send papers to Turkey in the hope that he will sign and return them to me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 years ago.
Yes you may send them to him in hopes that he will sign them., although if he doesn't respond, that will not count as personal service. But if he does sign them then your divorce should proceed.