How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been involved in a high conflict custody case in Pennsylvania f

Customer Question

I have been involved in a high conflict custody case in Pennsylvania for 13 years, yes 13. The minor child is now 14 and has begun to voice his preference to remain living with me. His father in turn has accused me of attempting to alienate him. This allegation came amidst the father being prosecuted and subsequently jailed for misdemeanor theft charges (pleaded down from felonies) and felony drug manufacturing charges against the father's immediate family. The minor was present at the time a drug raid was conducted and came to live with me after. He has cited the criminal activity within the father's family circle as reason for wanting distance, but the court seems to be buying into the notion of alienation. The child's father attempts to minimize his record and the actions of his family by continuously pointing a finger at me for a summary charge of drug paraphernalia 7 years ago. I admitted to the court having suffered through some addiction issues and conquered them. I am now 6
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardYour sentence was cut off at the end of your post. So the Father had custody at one point?You now have sole custody? Does the Father have visits?What information can I provide you in this regard?