How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33490
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband would like to put my name on the deed to our home.

Customer Question

My husband would like to put my name on the deed to our home. Is there an easy solution to this?
Frieda Bean email :***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Yes, your husband can use a quitclaim deed to add your name to title. The following link has a quitclaim deed form you can use. Scroll down to deeds and you will see it ("Quitclaim Deed"):
If the property has a mortgage be sure your husband gets the lender's permission before making any changes to title.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Did you have further questions?