How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my ex fiance broke

Customer Question

hi me and my ex fiance broke up two months ago. we both have half custody of our daughter so she has no more rights to her than i do. we recently got into an argument about an hour ago. she said she was going to talk to a lawyer right now, i am not sure that any are open today on a Sunday but i am trying to take action before she does. she said she was coming to get our daughter today but we had arranged on me taking her back Tuesday. i do not believe i have to give her to her because we both have equal custody, but i have warrants because of unpaid fines. i would go set up a payment plan right now but it is sunday. i plan on going first thing in the morning a doing this
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Do you have a legal question about the situation you have described that I can answer for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is the frist action i should do? what is the quickest way to do this so i am the one taking her to court instead of her taking me to court? I want custody and i have proof of her leaving me with the baby for two nights, witnesses she did and a lot of people that know she ran of and did meth amphetamines. i have proof she left me with the baby but not proof of her doing the meth because she was smart enough not to admit it through the phone. Do i have to give her the baby if she comes to get her? we both have half and half custody and nothing is in writing about who is suppose to get her and when. If i don't give her the baby and she calls the police and says something about my warrants to the police when they get here, will they give her the baby anyway and take me into custody? even though i plan on paying them first thing in the morning? what should be my overall steps in handling this situation so that i will end up with custody of my child?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i am not satisfied with this site and do not want to pay the money. i believe it was a waste of my time what do i do to leave this site without paying? if those simple questions that i asked in my last paragraph (the statements above, followed by a question mark) could not be answered i would like to leave this site without paying no more than the five dollars they have already got from me. i feel as though they beat me out of that five dollars