How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 16 year old daughter would like to be emancipated from

Customer Question

My 16 year old daughter would like to be emancipated from me by the time she reaches 17 in Feb . I have sole legal custody and would like to know if my ex would have to be involved and just so you know I am totally against this but she is very depressed over staying with me. She does not have a relationship with her father but he does pay court ordered child support. .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are dealing with. Can you please clarify when you ask if you Ex needs to be involved? Do you mean giving notice and a chance to be heard or agree and cooperate?

Related Family Law Questions