How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife says she has a lawyer and is filing I have

Customer Question

My wife says she has a lawyer and is filing for divorce I have not heard a thing from any lawyer. It's been a month now. Can I sell my motorcycle and take money from MY checking account?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 years ago.
If you have not been served with divorce papers, I would check with your county first to see if you can find a record of the divorce and if there's a standing order preventing you from selling property, etc. If there is no divorce or standing order then you are free to do as you wish with the motorcycle and your bank account.

Related Family Law Questions