Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If divorce granted periodic alimony because wife was 100% disabled fro

Customer Question
m Multiple Sclerosis and was...
If divorce granted periodic alimony because wife was 100% disabled fro m Multiple Sclerosis and was unable to work in the future. And wife "suspended" payment because she was living with another man. And she later broke up with this man. And at no time did she receive financial support from the other man nor does she receive any financial support from any outside source now. What are the chances under Tennessee Law of re-establishing periodic Alimony? Any case law to support your opinion?
Thanks, Jim
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 6 days by:
7/24/2015
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.Please tell me:1) When was the divorce?2) When did she begin living with the other man?3) When was alimony suspended?4) When did she break up with the other man?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Ely, Counselor at Law