How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If divorce granted periodic alimony because wife was 100% disabled fro

Customer Question

If divorce granted periodic alimony because wife was 100% disabled from Multiple Sclerosis and was unable to work in the future. And wife "suspended" payment because she was living with another man. And she later broke up with this man. And at no time did she receive financial support from the other man nor does she receive any financial support from any outside source now. What are the chances under Tennessee Law of re-establishing periodic Alimony? Any case law to support your opinion?
Thanks, Jim
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.Please tell me:1) When was the divorce?2) When did she begin living with the other man?3) When was alimony suspended?4) When did she break up with the other man?This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Related Family Law Questions