Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My wife and I have lived in Qatar

Customer Question
for over three years now...
My wife and I have lived in Qatar for over three years now. We have moved 4 times over the course of our 25 year marriage. Each time, me quitting my job and reinventing myself in the process. I was gainfully employed when this opportunity came up but we decided that this was a good move for her career. Well fast forward to the present, things are very shaky right now and I am unsure of our future.I am really hoping for the best but trying to prepare for the worst.
Is there a chance, if she pursues a divorce here, that I will walk away with nothing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/16/2015
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Currently, JustAnswer has no experts from Qatar in the legal categories. I can help you with a good answer, but I am an expert from the US in the legal category.
Will this be acceptable?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
I am somewhat disappointed and am wondering what I am being charged for.
Hello.
Did you wish to request a refund?
Well, I feel that you don't have any expertise in this area so I wound like to request a refund. As far as speaking on the phone, that would be a very expensive phone call, so I will need to respectfully decline. I do however appreciate your honesty in telling me that you really had no experience in Qatari law.
The website send the automated phone call feature; not I. I actually do not participate in them.
I will let customer service know of your request. Good luck.
Ely, Counselor at Law