Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My husband and I are going to be filing . Our son

Customer Question

My husband and I are going to be filing for divorce. Our son will be starting Kindergarten during the divorce. Will it have a negative impact on me if I move out of the district? I will be requesting primary resident for our son and I believe the court
favors him finishing out the school year at the current school but next year I would be moving him to the school in the district where I move. Is there an impact on the primary resident decision if I move? Or should I try and enroll him in the new school and
start him this year?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardHow far from the Father will you be? Will such a move interfere with his visitation rights? Is he interested in shared custody?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will be around 30 mins away. It will not interfere with his visitation. He is interested in shared but I will be asking for a restriction due to he is a functioning alcoholic.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Generally, a court will allow a 50 mile radius for parents to live apart from each other. I suggest that if the court wants the child to finish out this year where they are, then you need to do that. With it only being a 30 minute ride for visits to the Father, then there should be no problem with the child going to the kindergarten closets to the primary parent.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time.
​Thank you