How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in the middle of a pro-se divorce, and it is not approved

Customer Question

I am in the middle of a pro-se divorce, and it is not approved by the Green County Commissioner, he says due to it being lopsided with property, maintenance, and support. She signed over full custody to me, she is getting two cars, moved in with her boyfriend as of this past Christmas, I still pay her cell phone, insurance, not asking for child support, and we owe more on house than it is worth but he says not fair to her? She has removed all personal property to her satisfaction, we both agree on everything, can you explain what part isn't fair?
With the insurance, cell bill, and no child support, comes to roughly $750 a month, plus I have agreed to take on her portion of the house as we owe $14,000 more than appraisal value.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law issue today.
How much to do you make a year and how much does she make?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I make roughly $70,000, I had to step down and take a paycut due to her leaving the kids, she was making roughly $12,000 a year as a bartender, but I know she just started a new job this week, do not know what she makes now
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Well, there's your issue.
If you're keeping the house, the kids, and not paying any support for her based on your income discrepancy, most any court is going to decide that things are uneven. Even if you owe more on the house that it's worth, it's still an asset you get to keep and it's the marital home.
Hope this helps.
If you valued my time, please consider leaving a positive review. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But due to bills I am paying mostly incurred by her, I barely have enough to pay them, nothing left over
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I understand your point of view. You asked to explain and from the information you gave, that's what appears unfair to me. Obviously, I don't have the whole picture: only the Judge has that.