How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11774
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am divorced on mortage, expouse and i both on warranty deed,

Customer Question

I am divorced on mortage, expouse and i both on warranty deed, ex spouse defaulted on his portion of payments causing myself to fall behind on payments, both agreed on an auction instead of a foreclosure; he thinks only I should be responsible for P and I arreages to be paid on closing Since he defaulted first can that be enforced
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Who got the property in the divorce?
2. Were you both paying part of the mortgage---after the divorce?
3. Why does he think that you should be responsible for the principal and interest and not himself?
This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I lived in the house i was to make the P and I and he was to pay 56% of T and I. I made those payments all of it before the divorce and up until he he quit paying me and I could not continue the payments, house was up for sale as per divorce decree; it did not sale, we both agreed to auction home. I t has auctioned and there is very little equity; so he believes since in the divorce decree he was ordered to pay that 56 % on T and I that all of the P and I should be my responsibility
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I already offered you a phone call. All you need to do is accept the offer. In case you have unintentionally deleted the offer I will make it again to you.