How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34992
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a car and it is in my boyfriend name and mine. i

Customer Question

i purchased a car and it is in my boyfriend name and mine. i am paying the insurance and he is driving the car. i cant pay the insurance anymore . what are my options?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.
I am sorry...I do not understand the question. Are you asking if you can stop paying the insurance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the car is in both our names , i recently evicted him and he took all the keys for the car. I am not paying the insurance any more for someone to drive around with no job and harrass me. Can i cancel the insurance?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. Can you tell me, is there a loan on the car? Are you a signer on the loan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MY truck was stolen in January and i borrowed the money from my mother to purchase the car and then repaid her when the check from the insurance company was delivered. So there is no loan on the car. We were sitting at the dealership and he knew the salesman. Anyways, i had a temporary drivers license since mine had expired on my birthday and i had just gone to get it renewed. The sales man would not take my temp license so then the car gets put in his name and when my license came in they added my name to the paperwork. Then we got my insurance agent to put the insurance in both our names. TMI - too much information
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 years ago.
Thank youYou can cancel the insurance if you like..there is no law requiring you to pay insurance if you are not driving the car.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.