How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27992
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a father of 2 children involved in this divorce. I wish

Customer Question

I am a father of 2 children involved in this divorce. I wish to file for custody for my children. I have my children already 90% of the time. And I believe my wife to be abusive to my son. He is not comfortable around his mother and only wants to be with her if he has an escort.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Has child custody been addressed yet in the proceedings? Do yo have evidence of this alleged abuse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have pictures
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the child, when determining custody. If you have the children 90% of the time already and can show and produce evidence of of abuse, not only may the Judge not order and allow visitation or custody to the mother but may also have criminal charges filed against her. If you suspect abuse, you should file a report with the State and Child Services, who can investigate the matter. If you are awarded custody, you can also go after her for child support as well. The concerns and worries of the child can be addressed and supervised visitation is something also that can be ordered by the Judge.
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!