How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife says I owe her back pay , now keep in mind my daughter

Customer Question

My ex wife says I owe her back pay , now keep in mind my daughter is now 28. Ive been paying her and her husband cell bill for 7 yrsnow in exchange for back pay even though we never had a judge sit any particular pay each month. Now my ex wants to take me to court after all these years. Is that something I need to worry about. She, my ex and daughter live in Florida and I live in north Carolina.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
So to be clear
1 - There is a court order for child support and you missed some payments?
2 - But instead of taking you back to court for contempt, you and the Mother agreed you would pay her and her husband's cell phone to make up the back support?
3 - And that agreement was made after your child was 18 and child support no longer was owed?
4 - How much is she saying you owe in back support, please?

Related Family Law Questions