Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have a friend who was married 10-13-89. In July 1994,

Customer Question
she came home and told...
I have a friend who was married 10-13-89. In July 1994, she came home and told him she did not want to be marriage any longer, got her property and left. Did not hear from her for 3 years, then he went in to a American Legion and she was working there. He saw her 2 more times, then she was fired. She would not talk to him about the matter of divorce. She again stated she did not want to be marriage and did not want to take the time to talk to him about anything. She on her own will abandoned their marriage agreement.
He has not talked are heard from her since 1993. When his mother died in 2013, she called the family and asked if she had anything in the attic. They told her to come and check out, she did not cup or call again. So it has been 26 years this has been going on.
Her name is***** but goes by married last name. No known living relatives, friends, have attempted in every way thinkable to find someone who knows where she is. They had no property together, no children, and no pets.
is there a simple way because of abandonment, a notice can be published and not answered in a certain amount of time or heard from a divorce be granted without a lot of attorney's fees. The time she called it was on a pay phone in 2013. Please advise what to do? Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
7/13/2015
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
Are you asking how friend might go about getting a legal divorce?
.
Does he have any idea where she might be living?
.
And 2013 was the last time he heard from her? and 1993 before that?
.
.
thanks
Ely, Counselor at Law