How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who was married 10-13-89. In July 1994,

Customer Question

I have a friend who was married 10-13-89. In July 1994, she came home and told him she did not want to be marriage any longer, got her property and left. Did not hear from her for 3 years, then he went in to a American Legion and she was working there. He saw her 2 more times, then she was fired. She would not talk to him about the matter of divorce. She again stated she did not want to be marriage and did not want to take the time to talk to him about anything. She on her own will abandoned their marriage agreement.
He has not talked are heard from her since 1993. When his mother died in 2013, she called the family and asked if she had anything in the attic. They told her to come and check out, she did not cup or call again. So it has been 26 years this has been going on.
Her name is***** but goes by married last name. No known living relatives, friends, have attempted in every way thinkable to find someone who knows where she is. They had no property together, no children, and no pets.
is there a simple way because of abandonment, a notice can be published and not answered in a certain amount of time or heard from a divorce be granted without a lot of attorney's fees. The time she called it was on a pay phone in 2013. Please advise what to do? Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Are you asking how friend might go about getting a legal divorce?
Does he have any idea where she might be living?
And 2013 was the last time he heard from her? and 1993 before that?

Related Family Law Questions