How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 879
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband purchase a house a couple months before we were

Customer Question

My husband purchase a house a couple months before we were married and my name was never put on the deed. Once we file for divorce, if my husband asks me to move out can I take our 5 year old son with me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can take your son with you, unless a court has given your husband custody already. If there is no court order, there is nothing to prevent you from taking your child with you.