How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19297
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to find out if my grandson had been legitimized

Customer Question

Hello I am trying to find out if my grandson had been legitimized in the state of South Carolina where he was born I am paternal grandmother and I hv my grandson but don't know if he was legitimized at birth
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
His mother sign a document in 2003 but is absent and has not been heard of since my grandson has been back n forth with me his whole 12 years I am now seeking temp custody but hv no idea where my son is and hv to know it child had ever been legitimized
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I currently do not offer telephone services on this site.
You need to contact South Carolina Department of Vital Records and request a copy of your grandson's Birth Certificate. Click on the link below for more information:

Related Family Law Questions