Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

My daughters mother is making false allegations against me

Customer Question

my daughters mother is making false allegations against me and with holding my visitations from me. I've called the police and they told me she filed a CPS report on me but i have yet to see any report and i still haven't seen my daughter since 28Jun. I really don't know what to do and I don't have the money to pay for a lawyer
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if she filed a CPS complaint, your next step is to file a motion for an order to show cause for contempt of court in the court where the custody/visitation award was issued. You need to force her into court and make her prove the evidence of her claims in the court. If she cannot substantiate her claims in court, the court will order visitations to start or they will put her in jail for denying them.
Here is the form you file in court to force this into the court to make her prove her claims: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/fl410.pdf
If you prove she filed a known false claim with CPS, you can ask the DA to file criminal charges against her. Also, you can ask for monetary damages from the court for her filing the false claim to try to deny visitation.