Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My husband abandoned me when we were visiting family in Washington

Customer Question
state. He left me...
My husband abandoned me when we were visiting family in Washington state. He left me at my parents to go to the airport, my parents took me later. We are both in Florida now, but separated. He has an apartment, but I have been staying with family. Due to the fact that I have little support here I want to go back to my parents home in Washington State, where I will be able to get a job, save money for my own place, and have my mom keep my 11 month old son. Do I legally have to inform my husband before I leave?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/13/2015
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation. Just to be clear, this man is the biological father and you had the child while married?
Correct
My mom is here, and I am staying with her at a cousins, once she leaves I have no where to stay.
Are you still there?
Yes, I am. Sorry for the delay
Are either of you going to file for divorce?
Sorry, I can not do this now my connection keeps dropping. I will have to try again later. Thank you for your time.
I understand and will be here to help. Just let me know
Ely, Counselor at Law