How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Roger, im a single mother with 3 kids, one income, i had

Customer Question

Hi Roger, im a single mother with 3 kids, one income, i had a child custody battle more than a year, i had a 7 year old daugher , i was fully physical custody her for 7 years independent, now the father set me up with all his verbal to the court, at screening court dated, they took my daughter by forced her to go with the father when they keep me in the room, now i can't see my daughter up to sept 24, as i know the father and step mother neglected her always when she at their house, now i wish i can ask for cps to investigate make sure my daugher has a good care under
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - thanks for requesting me. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation and can understand how this has weighed heavily on you. But, you should be able to contact CPS and ask that they investigate the home and also to make periodic check-ins to make sure the children are being properly cared for. Also, if you know of any specific situation or event that occurs which puts the children in danger, you should certainly report that to CPS or the police as well.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Also, you can ask the court to reconsider and to give custody back to you, but that may be difficult because the matter was just ruled on.

Related Family Law Questions