How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16629
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is going through a very slow divorce proceeding. 2 boys ag

Customer Question

my daughter is going through a very slow divorce proceeding. 2 boys age 9 and 10. The father who has been diagnosed with "mild to moderate bi-polar" has to haave supervised visits with his parents. Heremains in the house as my daughter left with the boys due to drinking, and mentals problems that were escalating. They go to the house with the grandma to visit and the little boy said there is a gun in his closet!! When he was out we went and my daughter took a picture of the gun and showed it to the father. who he laughed at her. what d
to do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
shouldn't any guns be removed with an order of protection in place?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Is there a permanent order of protection against the father?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
expires in a year
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.
Generally, a 1 year order of protection would make it illegal for a person to own, use or possess any firearms, so if the person does have possession of a firearm, such situation should be reported to the local police and they will conduct an investigation and will take proper action.
I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions