How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11798
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex husband attorney sent me letter stating false accusations

Customer Question

My ex husband attorney sent me letter stating false accusations about my fiancé and me, accusing him of child cruelty. My ex husband is not allowing me to see my children when there is a court order already set into place for 50/50 custody.,my ex husband slo has not paid full child support since 2009. I have all bank statements showing period of him not paying. My ex husbands attorney also sent me a letter prior to the accusations mentioned above, stating the my artwork scare the children. This is also a false accusation, and not being able paint now do to fear of being falsely accused has hurt my business as an artist, and I had to trash thousands of worth of oil paintings. I am depressed and thier actions are effecting my financial security. I live in Palmdale California. How do I go about getting an attonery to address the issues under pro bono. I feel my ex husband and his wife should pay for any attorney fees put on me by his actions.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. We here are unfortunately not 'pro bono' but perhaps we can assist you with explaining what your options may be and what issues to pursue. Family law cases are generally not 'pro bono' either unless you are very low income. Also, as far as the steps that you have taken, what exactly have you done so far to find or retain counsel?

Related Family Law Questions