How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband's daughter and my stepdaughter she came over here

Customer Question

My husband's daughter and my stepdaughter she came over here legally and had two children are eight and six now and her husband or her boyfriend they are not legally married he can't legally cross until we constantly send them money,Night matters worse she's due to have a third child in Mexico any day now I'm perplexed those kids are smart my 8 yr old grandson has been diagnosis of autism since it was too he's getting no type of therapy or help or anything down there I'm so worried about them and how their lives are going to turn out because Juarez is one of the worst places to live inmexicois one of the worst I don't know if we can fight to get them back to the United States because they are Americans and how are they keeping them over there so long and then being Americans I don't understand can you please advise I am frantic those kids are missing out on their American education .sorry so long I really appreciate it sincerely ***** ***** Kim Castaneda
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your step daughter is able to enter legally and has two citizen children already, then you need to convince her to get back to the US to have her third child as well. You cannot do anything to help them while they are in Mexico, so you need to get the daughter to get back here to the US and once she is then she can work on getting her boyfriend here legally.
Also, once she is here with the children you can work to get her the help the children need.
However, there is nothing at all you can legally do to get the grandchildren back to the US unless the daughter brings them back.