How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11768
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 17 years old living in Kansas. My boyfriend recently

Customer Question

Hello. I'm 17 years old living in Kansas. My boyfriend recently got a job in Portland Oregon being a welder and wants me to go and live with him, we were already discussing living together before. My parents are divorced and my mom has given me permission to move with him, however my father will not, I haven't spoken to or visited him in years. My mom told me I still needed to speak with him because I would need his permission as well. I would be finishing my last year in high school online, finishing in a forth of the time. I would also be getting a job when i moved there. Do you think with this case i could get emancipated?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
When will you be turning 18?
Thank you.