How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister lives in Witchita and was victim to domestic violence

Customer Question

My sister lives in Witchita and was victim to domestic violence by father of said child. Police released him, didn't press charges because incident happened while camping in different county than were they live and police weren't notified until back at residence Farher has meth problem and mother wants to get away in order to protect children(3 from prev. relationship, 1 with him) No court order establishing custody has occured Can she move to CA. until custody has been established? He has also been verbally and emotionally abusive to children from mother's previous relationship
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Is the father listed on the birth certificate for the one child that they have in common?
Are they legally married?