How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed a temp,guardinship to some one until I moved to that

Customer Question

I signed a temp,guardinship to some one until I moved to that state for my grandson whom I have full custody of since he was a month old,an is now was only until I moved there and now she says she has custody and even got support food stamps an medical for him .he is back with me and she is still getting the help .He moved from N.Y. S.C.Nov.2014 I went down April 26 2015..She went and had the paper notarized w/o me present and says it was only done until I got down here incase something happened and to enroll him into school for me..She is not related in any form..
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardI need to be clear1 - you had custody of your grandson and you then did a Temporary Guardianship for someone else to care for him?2 - was this just between you too? Or was it done in court? 3 - And now you want your grandson back and she won't allow it?4- Does your grandson want to return to you? 5 - You never signed anything in front of a Notary?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have full court ordered custody from n.y.I signed a temp.just until I got down there.I had things to settle in n.y.yes he wants and is living with me since I moved down here and no I didn't sign in front of the noterrey
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The temp paper was just between us no court.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThank you. I suggest that if the guardianship was not signed in front of the Notary, then you have a potential kidnapping since the person who your grandson is living with is a stranger - you said, not family. And you can call the police and tell them your grandson is being held against his will. And ask them to go with you to get him. The other process is through court to have the guardianship removed. But if it was not legal in the first place, the police should be able to hand this for you.

Related Family Law Questions