How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I agreed to pay support thinking my ex would go back to work..There

Customer Question

I agreed to pay support thinking my ex would go back to work..There is no minor to support... I paid all court cost, her credits cards, her auto pay-off...cashed my 401 and paid 12 percent penalty to pay equity to her...I waived the 4 perjury charges on her for cashing out the IRA I invested for her.....It was just too much brutal on me...Now she has income off SSN., but she worked 23/12 years of 24 years, she got herself fired to inflict total financial hardship on as she told me. Now 2 1/2 half years she is collecting SSN. I want to reduce my support since she is not seeking employment as she said she would...I am remarried and I cannot go out to Dinner for my wife...I see the post from my ex, as she is buying Zumba shirts for her group without a job... I paid her Credits cards debt, Car pay off, Attorney Fees, Court Cost..My savings is almost gone as she said she would do to me..She stolled the IRA I invested for her which was comuity property and we found out but the Judge had the Flu the day in court to charge her, so they did a continuence with was past the 2nd MSC. I could not wait any longer with all the pressure from her to try a confrontation she pushed everyday, so I bailed her out and saved my job. I want to sue her friend for falsifying a personel loan that she listed and it never happened by her Husbands words to me, it was just to get more support after the Divorce and she never has to work again and I would never be able to have a life with another, just support her...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Does your support order state that she must find gainful employment?