Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

My exhusband is like 30,000 behind in child support and has

Customer Question

My exhusband is like 30,000 behind in child support and has been living off the grid for a couple of years. Today I received some paperwork from the Division of Child Support with a Certificate of Service for me saying I received my copy of the MOTION
FOR DECRETAL JUDGEMENT? What is this, it is not clear to me.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Past due child support in West Virginia must be enforced within 10 years from and after date of judgment. Undischarged and accrued support becomes a decretal judgment by operation of law on date and not paid. The state is now holding the parent in arrears accountable for interest. So interest will compound on the back child support owed. And if they find the Father then the total amount will still be collectible, plus interest.