How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about child custody.My son has always

Customer Question

hello,I have a question about child custody.My son has always live with me only.He has my last name.The father is not around and dont have his name on the birth cert. but he pays $50 a month for child support.Now after a 11 years he thinks he could come take my son from me.My son dont want to even see him. I have voice mails with him threaten me.How much of rights dose he have?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
What is he threatening to do? Was there ever a court order or a signed acknowledgement filed by him that said he is the father? Were you ever married to the father?