How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our father has an Irrevocable trust set up brother and

Customer Question

Our father has an Irrevocable trust set up for my brother and my self until his death. We need to have him sign over the trust to us to take care of him before his death. This includes financial:banking and investments unknown value at this time. Which has come impossible for him to do by himself. Can we find a simple form to go about this. Or draw up one by ourself?
Submitted: 2 years ago via LawDepot.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to modify an irrevocable trust in FL while the Grantor is living, and certainly not with a simple form. The information you received from the bank is incorrect.
It is necessary to file a Petition with the Probate Court to modify or reform the trust. You will almost certainly need a seasoned Probate attorney to assist you in the Petition and court hearing. You as a beneficiary have the right to petition the court for the modification. Here is an article on the process you are looking at:
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,