How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a divorce last year in 2014.ive been cleaning out my

Customer Question

i got a divorce last year in 2014.ive been cleaning out my house,in doing so im finding empty bottles of pain medication that my wife was prescribed,, for several years they prescribed her up to 900 hundred pills a month which were narcotics..this went on for several years. she had made several er visits from 2010 t0 2014the said she has fribro , after ktracs started they cut her pills down to like 200 narcotic pills a month .. in 2014 she went to her lawyers said she wanted a divorce,then left in a drunken state and went to texas ,she went to er trying to get more pills,they ran every test they could they told her theres was nothing wrong with her and tried to commit to a mental facility..they diagnosed her as a dillusional addict,and could not hold her cause she wasnt a resident of the state for at least six months..after she got cut back on pills she started drinkin vodka ,ive found several empty bottles.,she was un bearable to live with iwas emotionally tore up for years,had to seek counceiling she had me believing she was dying.there is nothing wrong with her.the doctor even told her she couldnt see him anymore.but somehow got back in his office and hes still writing pills for her,tday,,they turned her into and addict ,now shes on meth very bad ,it destroyed my marriage..i havent made a complaint to the ama yet.. i want justice .for my personal emotional problems,and the loss of my 23 year marriage ,,it was the doctors pa who was writing all these scripts,and the doctor did too..she was wrote about 900 to a thousand pills . a month for several years.they didnt even do testing to warrant this amount ,,she a was pain pill adddict and was lieing to them to get her pills,,she even shot pictures of the pa. wedding which is the doctors brother in law..can i seek any lagal action against them,,i heard thru a pharmasist that someone sued him because they claimed they turned her into and addict too,,the practice had a couple other doctors that were husband and wife,they split the business and changed the name to another. she was put on disability from social security for mental issues...what should i do...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
The answer that I will have to provide you with will not be favorable so I ask that you do not blame the messenger. While I can absolutely understand your concerns and your feelings, ultimately you need to show direct injury here. Since you were not the patient and had no direct relationship with them, under law you would not have 'standing' to sue. If your ex decides to sue by claiming that they violated their medical ethics by 'knowingly' prescribing medication (and notice, she would need to show that they knew of her addiction and still enabled her), then she could file. But you would not have legal 'standing' to pursue them, as ultimately the choice to take medication and pursue the lying (and the divorce) was your ex spouse's. I do apologize, but if you attempt this type of suit it would likely be dismissed and seen as frivolous.
Dimitry, Esq.