How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3471
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband was supposed to have given me half of our investment

Customer Question

My ex-husband was supposed to have given me half of our investment money by
June 3, 2015 and it is court order. he signed it at the bench bar in February.
I recently called one of the places we have money invested and found out he has been
trading on the money. We have Joint accounts and each of us has our own personal.
He is trading on them all. They opened an account for me and are investigating further
but went ahead and transferred what is mine. I am anxious about it because I know he will
be angry but I am living in our home with our two children and he pays zero.
No alimony or child support and was supposed to split the cost of the kids expenses
with me and is not even doing that. I am paying all the bills including mortgage and he
even brought me the property tax bill and said to pay it.
I have found a lot of illegal activity regarding stocks, bank accounts and taxes and I am
in the process of having it investigated.
He is forcing me to sell the house even though my sixteen year old and thirteen year old
want to stay and go to school 5 minutes away. He is a ticking bomb and I was advised
to get a restraining order a long ago but didn't because of the kids and it would upset them.
Now my son says mom force it. make it happen. I am trying but his attorney is sending
me emails about selling the house and I am doing maintenance and remodeling on it
as it is a high end property in a area where houses are getting 20 offers and going well
over asking price. It's about money to him and I believe getting out before the IRS
demands an audit. If the IRS is owed money then they should be paid and if that means saying goodbye to millions of dollars then that's what it means.
We are legally divorced but we are stuck in the asset part of it because I wanted to keep the
house and make an offer to him but it didn't happen and he told me it was not a good
financial decision. That was not for him to decide and it was court ordered in the documents that he listen to my offer.
Please advise any way you can and recommend an attorney who can help me
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. While I'm unable to give a referral (JustAnswer's rules prohibit it), I can give you information based on your legal situation. You said you need help but I'm not clear exactly what it is you're trying to do. Could you be a little more clear? Thanks! Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am trying to do several things. Stop him from forcing the listing of our home where I live with our 2 children so i can
make the offer that the court papers said he was supposed to have done. Either buy him out or give him a loan and
sell the house at a later date. If he was supposed to hear an offer from me and didn't can I force him to do this?
I was supposed to list the house by a date that has passed with the condition that I would present my offer first and If he
didn't agree to that then he was supposed to listen to another offer to list at a late date. He did neither and is anxious
to sell as he has not been honest with the IRS to put it mildly. He has used my name in illegal ways and I will need to
speak to someone at the IRS before we list this house because they will be owed money most likely. The punishment
he will face if tax fraud, identity theft, postal crimes (having some of my mail sent to his address and opening it
only to tell me it was by accident. He's holding back accounts and doesn't pay me anything right now.
I could go on and on about this mans dishonesty and fraudulent business dealings but all I want now as it's
been the divorce that wont end....All i want is for him to have to take accountability for his actions and stay
in my home with the kids. As it is now just a handful of people know what he did. We live
in limbo and fear not knowing if he will come through the door. I do need an attorney
for this but on the other hand it seems like his crimes would over shadow all this and
he may not be around to force anything. I am paying all the bills, Mortgage, all utilities,
tax bill and on and on.Thank you for your help,De***** *****
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. If he was supposed to hear an offer from me and didn't can I force him to do this?Yes, if he was ordered by the court to accept an offer from you, he must do it. If he is not following through, you can file a motion to hold him in contempt of the court order and the court can force him to follow it or face fines/jail time. This goes for any of the things he was ordered to do/not to do. Let me know if this answers your question!If you valued my time, please consider leaving a positive review. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied. Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Michael,Thank you for your response and I would definitely prefer to talk live as I just saw was an option
for me. How late can we talk as I am about to leave to pick up dinner for my son and I.
It's been another ordeal today to stay on top of the wrath of the other side but I'm hanging in there
and it made all the difference to find you and this service. i have come across a lot of "high and
mighty" lawyer's recently as I scramble as fast as I can to get one before any more damage is done
and more discrepancies are conveniently overlooked. Basically if I can get the judgment set aside based
on my facts and information and do as you said and file a petition, then I could have a little breathing room as
he and his lawyer are moving fast to discredit me and take over which would be wrong, dishonest and would
have a devastating impact on my kids, especially my son who is hanging on to my promise that I will get
us through this. Please for now can you advise me on what to say to Mr. Diaz, my ex husbands attorney
who will not stop emailing me despite my requests for him to. Is there a legal issue with it perhaps?
I see it as harassment after i have asked him to stop as well as a conflict of interest, so to speak.
He is my ex husbands attorney after all.I will check this email as soon as I can tonight.Thank you so much. You have no idea how much
this means to me.De***** *****What a way to spend my birthday but if I can make this happen and
my kids are happy it will be the best birthday I have ever had.
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
When are you free?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you talk this morning?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael can you still help me out?
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I have sent two offers to speak over the phone. You have to accept that to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Michael, I would like to resume our conversation and speak to you over the phone. Today is
August 7 and it's 3:56. I will be at my desk for one more hour. My cell number is(###) ###-####
I will have a different cell number tomorrow and it is(###) ###-####
Look forward to hearing from you as the matter has become extremely urgent and I need an aggressive
attorney immediately. If after we speak you can recommend someone for me to speak to who will have the
ability to put this on a fast track in a more aggressive manner, please do forward that name to me.Thank youDe***** *****